SUMMER READING CHALLENGE!
Don't forget to continue to read this summer! All you have to do to participate in our Summer Reading Challenge is to use this Reading Log to keep track of your steps! The goal is to read 40 steps, and we have lots of fun surprises for students who meet that goal. Not sure what to read? Here's some ideas!
- Use your laptop to go on to all the sites we used this year like Raz Kids, Reading A-Z, or Bookshelf. All you have to do is log into Clever!
Visit the SMCPS Library Media Programs Site!
FREE EBOOKS: Select this link!
Read in Imagine Learning
- Check out books at the library
To help you navigate all the new elements of the school year and keep you informed about upcoming programs & events, we will communicate information frequently and in several ways. They are listed below for your reference.
- Weekly Phone/Email & Schoology Message: At 6:00 on Sunday you will receive a phone message & email from us sharing information about the upcoming week.
- Class DoJo: Very soon your child’s teacher will invite you to join Class DoJo. We use this platform because it is secure/members only and allows us to share a wide variety of information with you. Please join our DoJo family!
- Our LPES Website and Twitter feed: The LPES website has a wide variety of information for you and is updated regularly. We love to share all the wonderful things our students & teachers are doing, so we tweet just about every day. Follow us on Twitter @lpes_smcps
- Technology Needs: if you are new to the school or need a device from SMCPS please complete the survey here.
Lexington Park Elementary is one of five Title I schools in St. Mary's County Public Schools and serves a diverse population of over 500 students. We believe that every child can learn and perform at the highest academic levels when surrounded by caring and supportive adults in a safe and supportive environment that provides them with a variety of rich experiences and equitable supports.We are committed to making sure that external factors will not derail our students' quest to reach their fullest potential.